Monday, March 15, 2010

like i promised...

it's been forever, but cheer had me working my butt off (literally AND figuratively...) and school has been a pain in the parts of my butt that haven't been worked off yet...anywhom, i finally have a memoir for you! yay! (be happy, DARN IT!)
so here it is. i wrote it for college writing last semester, and i figured i'd start with that.

It was my first day taking the bus to school. I was five years old. I grabbed my purple Beauty and the Beast backpack, walked up the stairs and made my way down the long stretch of sidewalk toward my classroom. My mom had done my hair that day. It hung about halfway down my neck, and the top half was pulled back into a little yellow, heart-shaped clip. As I trudged - alone and helpless – down the sidewalk, I saw another little girl about my age running straight for me. I cowered in fear. “We have the same hairstyle!” she screamed. “Let’s be friends!!!”
As long as you promise not to kill me, I thought to myself. “Um…okay.” (I had never been one to talk to people) “Okay! My name is Elizabeth Anne Lutzker. You can call me Lizzie or Liz or Ellie or Eliza or-” from what I remember, this one-sided conversation went on for what seemed like three hours. “What’s your name?” “M-m-m-Melissa...” I was still recovering from the heart attack she had given me. “Silly, what’s your full name?” “M-m-m-Melissa Valorie Bierend, ma’am…”
“Why do you talk funny? Does everyone in your family talk funny? How many brothers and sisters do you have? Do you have a pet? Do you like it? Would you like to give me your pet? I always wanted a pet. My grandma likes cats. Do you have a cat?” – the myriad of questions continued until I got to my classroom. “Well it was nice talking to you. I’ll see you at recess! Meet me out here so we can talk some more.” “O-o-okay……” I had hardly managed to stutter the word out of my mouth before she walked away. I turned around and entered the classroom in a daze.
This awkward, frightening greeting sparked a wonderful friendship that has been strong for the last twelve years. Liz’s crazy antics taught me to get to know people before I judge them, no matter how crazy and even scary they may be. If I had judged Liz too quickly, I would have never had her as my best friend. Don’t judge, and don’t miss out.





oh, also, it's my 18th birthday tomorrow!!! huzzah!!!! i started this blog when i was like, 15, so that's pretty cool. anywhom, hope you all enjoyed! yayyyy!
haha peace out, rainbow trout.

♥

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
hey man. i'm missy. i'm weird and i like to take pictures. :D i have the coolest boyfriend to ever exist...ever. i use the white crayon. :D